During the months of October and November, the Village offers residents convenient disposal of their fall leaves through the Public Works Department. The Village is divided into sections, and each section receives four (4) leaf collection dates. The scheduled collection dates as well as a map depicting the Village section numbers are shown below.
Important Program Regulations:
• Only leaves are accepted. Grass, brush, branches and logs can damage leaf collection equipment.
• Leaves must be in the street by 7:00 a.m. on collection day, but no sooner than 3:00 p.m. the day prior. This reduces the risk of street flooding caused by leaves covering storm sewer inlets.
• Leaves should be placed in a continuous row on the pavement approximately 2 feet from the curb.
• Parking on affected streets will be prohibited on collection day from 7:00 a.m. until the leaves are removed.
• No leaves are allowed on State or County roadways, nor on the following Village streets: Tonne Road, Elk Grove Boulevard, Rev. Morrison Boulevard, J.F. Kennedy Boulevard, Biesterfield Road, and Wise Road.
Please become familiar with the regulations of this convenient program, as your cooperation is essential to the success of this program. Weather conditions may significantly delay the leaf collection program. Every effort will be made to return to a leaf collection area as soon as possible following heavy rains or an early snowfall.
If you prefer not to rake your leaves into the street, you may bag your leaves following the normal rules and fees for yard waste disposal. The yard waste bags should be placed at the curb edge for pickup on your normal trash collection day, not on the leaf collection dates. A landscape waste sticker is required for each bag.
Should you have any questions or experience any problems with the program, please call the Public Works Department at (847) 734-8800 Monday thru Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
Fall 2015 Leaf Pick-Up Schedule