Fall 2017 Leaf Collection EXTENDED
Due to this year’s late leaf drop, the Village is extending our curbside leaf collection program with a special leaf collection for ALL Village residents.
For this special extended leaf collection, leaves must be placed on the street by 7:00 a.m. on Monday, November 27. Public Works will make one pass down all streets to collect leaves during that week.
The deadline applies to all households throughout the Village--Leaves placed after the deadline will not be collected.
Please call the Public Works Department with any questions at 847-734-8800 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Leaf Disposal Dumpster Locations
For residents who still have leaves, after their final collection date, the Village offers you the ability to dispose of them in dumpsters placed at three convenient locations:
James P. Petri Public Works Facility
600 Landmeier Road
Mon, Nov 13 - Fri, Dec 8
Fire Station 10 Parking Lot
676 Meacham Road
Mon, Nov 20 – Fri, Dec 8
Morton Park Parking Lot
957 Brantwood Ave
Mon, Nov 20 – Fri, Dec 8
Leaves should be placed in a yard waste collection bag, a landscape waste sticker is NOT required. Please note that plastic bags are not allowed. The dumpsters are for leaves only, yard waste is not permitted.
Curbside Leaf Collection
During the months of October and November, the Village offers residents convenient disposal of their fall leaves through the Public Works Department. The Village is divided into sections, and each section receives four (4) leaf collection dates. The scheduled collection dates as well as a map depicting the Village section numbers are shown below.
Important Program Regulations:
• Only leaves are accepted. Grass, brush, branches and logs can damage leaf collection equipment.
• Leaves must be in the street by 7:00 a.m. on collection day, but no sooner than 3:00 p.m. the day prior. This reduces the risk of street flooding caused by leaves covering storm sewer inlets.
• Leaves should be placed in a continuous row on the pavement approximately 2 feet from the curb.
• Parking on affected streets will be prohibited on collection day from 7:00 a.m. until the leaves are removed.
• No leaves are allowed on State or County roadways, nor on the following Village streets: Tonne Road, Elk Grove Boulevard, Rev. Morrison Boulevard, J.F. Kennedy Boulevard, Biesterfield Road, and Wise Road.
Please become familiar with the regulations of this convenient program, as your cooperation is essential to the success of this program. Weather conditions may significantly delay the leaf collection program. Every effort will be made to return to a leaf collection area as soon as possible following heavy rains or an early snowfall.
If you prefer not to rake your leaves into the street, you may bag your leaves following the normal rules and fees for yard waste disposal. The yard waste bags should be placed at the curb edge for pickup on your normal trash collection day, not on the leaf collection dates. A landscape waste sticker is required for each bag.
Should you have any questions or experience any problems with the program, please call the Public Works Department at (847) 734-8800 Monday thru Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
Fall 2017 Leaf Pick-Up Schedule